Area : Los Angeles, CA
Description : Our client is a multi-entity group led by a renowned and well-regarded international celebrity, including creative service firms, a collection of online DTC e-commerce brands, and a number of entertainment properties. They are seeking a Finance and Accounting Manager to support timely and effective GAAP-compliant financial reporting for several of their entities and to work closely and collaboratively with all internal teams. The ideal candidate will strive towards a continuous improvement mindset, understand the underlying businesses and their sales and profitability drivers, and propose process improvements to streamline workflow, improve timelines, and allow for clearer cross-entity financial clarity.
There is a preference for this candidate to be based in LA with the ability to come into the office occasionally.
- Supervise and lead month-end close process and lead team to create work papers, draft financials, budget vs actual analyses, and monthly bank reporting
- Partner with business teams to maintain a robust Chart of Accounts and management reporting package to enable proper visibility into the financial results and sound financial decision making
- Oversee various accounting and finance team members across multiple entities who manage AP, AR, payroll, and beyond
- Lead documentation of accounting policies based on GAAP principles; research and apply FASB ASCs where needed
- Manage inventory accounting and ensure quality of reporting of cost of goods sold and gross margin, physical-to-perpetual inventory reconciliations, month-end cutoff testing, and bill-of-materials / assembly build accuracy; implement a sound inventory reserve policy for the e-commerce brands
- Lead the company through audit processes, as needed
- Manage banking relationships and cash flow projections
- Interface with outside CPAs on income tax, state and local taxes, sales tax registrations, and other compliance matters
- Consider and manage to international nature of sales, supply chain, and team
- Partner with cross-functional teams on process improvements
- 4-7+ years of accounting and finance experience, required
- BS/BA degree in Accounting/Finance
- Experience in entertainment/production accounting and finance, a big plus
- Understanding of and experience with inventory accounting, a plus
- Knowledge of accounting software (QBO) plus advanced Excel, Google G-suite, Powerpoint, Word, etc.
- Collaborative and trustworthy character
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects effectively at one time and work in a fast-paced environment that is growing and changing rapidly!
Compensation: $120-$160k; DOE
Published : Jan 23, 2023