Area : National
Description : Our client is a leading strategy and operations consultancy firm. With a limited-travel model, they pride themselves on their ability to provide their employees with a fantastic work-life balance. They are seeking an analytically-minded Engagement Manager to lead a team of Associates and Analysts to support private equity/credit funds and their portfolio companies. Job responsibilities will include conducting due diligences, supporting portfolio companies on their most critical issues, capital raises, platform exits, and advising on acquisitions.
This is currently a remote position. There is a preference for this candidate to be located on the west coast (with the ability to go to their Los Angeles office occasionally), but strong candidates from anywhere in the country will be considered.
- Manage teams that support clients with pre-investment due diligences, investment firm portfolio company work, and investment banking mandates
- Oversee primary and secondary research efforts to gather information and assess investment theses
- Lead teams in conducting data analysis, building financial models, conducting surveys, and synthesizing findings to inform and support investment strategies
- Advise and present insights to deal teams and executives at portfolio companies
- Implement recommendations alongside internal/external team members
- Manage and mentor Associates and Analysts
- 4 - 8 years of work experience, with at least 2 - 4 years at McKinsey, Bain, or BCG
- Experience in managing teams at a top-tier consulting firm on investor-facing engagements such as due diligences/portfolio work
- High level of comfort in a fast-paced environment supporting clients with high expectations for quality and insights
- Superior quantitative and analytical reasoning skills
- Expertise in developing and delivering client presentations/communications
- Superior problem-solving skills, with comfort preparing research, financial models, valuations, and data analysis to support investment theses and business recommendations
- Private equity experience in consumer retail, financial services, or technology verticals is a plus!
- Ability to lead teams across multiple functions (e.g., high-level communication, presentation design, analysis)
- Outstanding track record of success in past professional and academic endeavors
Compensation: $180-$250k base
Published : Jan 18, 2023