Area : Los Angeles, CA
Description : Our client is the leading partner for interior designers and developers when it comes to transportation, storage, and installation of the finest homes, offices, museums, galleries, and hotels. Their fleet of vehicles and local storage warehouses are well-coordinated, and driven by a customer-first mission. They are seeking a Strategic Director/VP of Client Services & Operations to lead and nurture client partnerships, daily fieldwork, and the development and implementation of their strategic planning initiatives. The ideal candidate is highly detailed and goal-oriented and able to anticipate client and company needs by proactively partnering with and supporting our clients.
The role is responsible for the overall performance of the business, professional client service and support, transportation team planning and strategic operations and safety (of the team, clients and the items they handle). This leader is a key participant in establishing and achieving overall performance and financial objectives such as productivity, customer service, and profit. This position reports to the President.
This is an in-office position in Los Angeles.
- Provide strategic & thought leadership to the company as part of the executive team while promoting an atmosphere of innovation, collaboration, and teamwork
- Create, manage and update Company processes, followed by enforcement and accountability
- Integrate customer workflows from beginning to end; followed by knowledge share and transfer; delegate to team leads for the day-to-day management
- Oversee and manage logistics utilized in transportation of customers' products and internal facilities, communicating with drivers and fleet team to ensure efficiency and safety
- Achieve financial objectives by assisting President in preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Cultivate trusted relationships with all clients; determine where and how to dedicate time and energy to support those clients
- Maintain precise knowledge of projects in the field (past, current, future), what is going right/wrong, who is working hard/not, and how to strengthen services
- Lead client installation strategy by leveraging the pulse of current projects to determine the When, What, How, Where, and Why
- Ensure accurate assessment and estimation of client projects including strategic evaluation of client fit with the Company, client history, and how best to provide support to each client
- Establish accountability and evaluation for all employees
- Lead strategic people planning including hiring, training, and developing a high-performing team
- Lead development and implementation of annual professional development
- Responsible for continuous assessment and editing of organization chart to achieve Company goals
- Creation of organic and inorganic growth initiatives alongside the President
- Development and implementation of new service offerings
- 3+ years of client partnerships and/or logistics experience, including at least 5 years in a managerial role overseeing a large team
- Preference for candidates with advanced & Masters degrees and/or experience in the Armed Forces / Military
- Bilingual fluency (English & Spanish)
- Interest or experience in interior design, luxury home development, and fine art preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and motivational team facilitation, and client service skills
- Results orientation is extremely important
- Excellent problem-solving skills and leadership qualities
- Ability to work with all levels of company staff
- Comfortable delivering frequent direct written and oral feedback
- Proficient with computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Professional appearance and serve as a positive company image to the public
- A successful leader for this role should expect a growth-oriented and fast-paced environment - this isn't a 9-5 position!
Published : Jun 17, 2022