Our client is an industry-leading lighting company that designs and builds LED downlighting that sets the bar for flexibility, performance, and quality. They are seeking a Director of Human Resources to transform and execute HR strategy within their company. This position provides overall guidance to organization systems and practices related to workforce planning and analytics, talent acquisition, talent development, and compensation and benefits.
This is an in-office position in Los Angeles.
- Serve as the Director of HR, as part of the leadership team, initially as a solo HR practitioner to support all areas of HR and talent life-cycle management including talent acquisition strategy, organizational design, performance management, compensation and benefits, learning and development, and workforce planning.
- Build on existing HR processes to ensure a welcoming onboarding experience and performance management processes characterized by equality, empathy, openness, personal accountability, trust, and mutual respect.
- Help drive business results through the implementation of effective performance management systems, measures, and rewards, including competitive employee compensation and benefit programs.
- Develop a comprehensive talent strategy that is closely aligned and strongly integrated with the business strategy, ensuring the company is building a culture of stellar leaders, managers, and supervisors aimed at achieving an end result of strong employee effectiveness and engagement.
- Provide leadership guidance and mentoring. Develop and implement solutions to organizational challenges by leading and coaching others through changes. Foster a culture of accountability and ownership. Help define and set cultural expectations by championing enterprise-wide change initiatives.
- Ensure company compliance with all laws/regulations related to all aspects of human resource management and manage company relationships with state and local regulatory agencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
- 8+ years of Human Resources experience, including demonstrated success working with senior leadership in a small entrepreneurial organization
- Experience in engineering, technology, or a consumer-facing organization is a plus.
- HR experience at a large corporation where best practices were learned, as well as at smaller, entrepreneurial companies (<200 people), where scrappiness was required.
- Strong execution and delivery skills. The successful candidate must have a demonstrated ability to manage global incentives and develop concise policies and governance. A track record of effectively managing resources and prioritizing diverse and, at times, conflicting priorities will be expected.
- Experience partnering with, influencing, and acting as a trusted advisor to executive-level peers as well as in sponsoring cross-functional initiatives and change
- Demonstrated experience in HR strategic planning and execution, specifically tied to business strategies and objectives
- Strong business acumen as well as financial literacy
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Desire to be part of a high-growth, entrepreneurial company whose values and culture reflect the fact that they are family owned