Area : National/Remote
Description : Our client is one of the largest tool and equipment retailers in the country. They are seeking a Manager of Merchandising Strategy & Operations to help execute and deliver strategic initiatives on key merchandising pillars: product assortment, marketing and promotion, pricing, and overall business performance. The Manager will work closely with cross-functional teams, particularly across Merchandising and Marketing, to serve as a change champion to help drive continuous improvement and strategic initiatives.
This is a full-time remote role within a results-focused company that will allow for improved work/life balance over the traditional management consulting or i-banking path.
This candidate can be located anywhere in the country.
- Assist with setting and developing merchandising strategy and department goals
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams to ensure successful implementation and execution
- Maintain strong relationships with cross-functional partners to drive forward merchandising and product marketing strategy and initiatives
- Problem solve and escalate project-related issues with the Merchandising, Marketing, Creative, Retail & Store Ops, Inventory, Finance, and Legal teams
- Lead merchandising strategy / special projects to assist the organization in strong decision-making (understand retail & market trends, customer insights, and competitive analysis to evaluate new opportunities and align with company growth objectives)
- Build analytical reporting tools to support teams in tracking progress and decision making; develop, track and drive success in operational and financial KPIs
- Conduct macro business review of monthly deliverables (product marketing & email campaigns, new product launches, etc.) to ensure merchandising, product, and company goals are met
- Manage successful and on-time delivery of product marketing campaigns and ensure the day-to-day execution of department deliverables are met in Workfront
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to help better market and merchandise our products
- Oversee, monitor, and provide updates on project status with the department and key stakeholders
- Manage the coordination of cross-department deliverables
- Liaise across the organization to ensure all projects are on schedule and, where necessary, reprioritize project workloads as necessary
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with a Business major or related field; MBA a plus
- 2+ years in management consulting, strategy, business operations or another similar fast-paced environment
- Retail experience preferred
- Attention to detail, required!
Published : Apr 27, 2022