Area : Nashville, Memphis, Atlanta, or Emeryville
Our client is a well-known social enterprise that is committed to improving and aiding charter schools using a wide variety of operational and financial services. They are seeking a School Finance Manager to work with the school leadership to provide advice on strategic business decisions, help the school understand charter school finance rules, facilitate multi-year budget planning, and prepare monthly financial statements and analyses for use at school board meetings and drive decision making.
This is an in-office position in Nashville, Atlanta, Memphis, or Emeryville.
- Be a lead contact person for school clients, including managing the client relationship and working with the accounting, payroll, AP, and admin teams to provide excellent customer service.
- Prepare in partnership with the accounting team monthly financial statements, including YTD income statements, cash flow statements, and variance analysis for school clients.
- On a monthly basis, create presentations analyzing the key issues in the financial statements and offer recommendations for changes in the school operations.
- Analyze, model, and solve problems for school clients on a wide range of business issues.
- Manage the budget development and tracking for client schools.
- Ensure that all school reports and disclosures comply with applicable governmental regulations, professional standards, and organizational policies.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant financial management procedures and practices.
- Develop functional expertise in one or more areas of school business operations.
- Work on special projects as needed.
- Advanced degree preferred or equivalent public/private sector business or school operations experience
- 4-8 years of work experience
- Strong communication, written and analytical skills
- Customer service orientation or experience in client services
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel, financial modeling, and forecasting
- Experience in business development and marketing initiatives
- Ability to travel occasionally and work non-standard hours to attend board meetings, etc.
- Commitment to education and knowledge of charter schools a major plus
Published : Sep 22, 2021