Area : Los Angeles, CA
Description : Our client is a popular cosmetics company that uses only clean, non-toxic ingredients. They are headquartered in Los Angeles and experiencing rapid growth. They are seeking a Senior Director of Finance to partner with the CFO to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of their financial reporting system. This person will work closely and collaboratively with all internal teams, particularly Operations, Innovations, and Sales to help improve streamline workflows and to identify and drive cost improvement gains.
This is a hybrid position (a mix of remote and in-office) in Los Angeles.
- Lead month end close process and present work papers, draft financials, budget vs actual analyses, and monthly bank reporting to CFO for review and approval
- Improve month end close process to eight business days or better
- Interface with outside CPAs on audit, income tax, SALT, and other compliance
- Maintain strong records and impeccable work papers for JE support and audit requirements
- Create accounting policies based on GAAP principles; researching and applying FASB ASCs where needed
- Lead Accounting Team consisting of two team members who handle A/R and A/P
- Manage heavy inventory accounting and ensure quality of reporting of cost of goods sold and gross margin, physical-to-perpetual inventory reconciliations, month end cutoff testing, and bill-of-materials / assembly build accuracy
- Weekly bank reconciliations
- Credit card reconciliations and expense report management
- Fixed asset ledger and record maintenance, asset identification
- Prepare reserves analysis and recommendations for major asset classes
- Work with CFO on Netsuite optimization projects and process improvements for the Accounting Team, and cross-functional process improvements
- CPA with four years public accounting experience in a regional or national firm
- BS/BA degree in Accounting/Finance
- Netsuite experience is critical, plus Advanced Excel, Google Gsuite, Powerpoint
- Deep understanding of accounting for manufacturing inventory
- Collaborative and trustworthy
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Passion for the beauty industry and clean cosmetics a plus!
Published : Jun 18, 2021