Area : National
Our client is a mission-oriented data trust company seeking to change the way that organizations in the social services space utilize data. They are seeking a Head of Operations to act as a strategic partner to the organization's CEO in the building and execution of the company's vision. The Head of Operations will be responsible for day to day management of the organization, with a particular emphasis on strategic growth, and will have several directly reporting departments. This client is headquartered in Chicago, but the Head of Operations may be based anywhere in the US.
Directly support the CEO:
- Act as right hand and counsel, assisting in all strategic and implementation aspects of the business.
- Act as liaison between CEO and department leaders, serving as CEO's contact person and decision maker for the broader executive team when needed
- Ensure that CEO is involved in critical decision-making and projects at the appropriate times
Team & Project Management:
- Cultivate an environment of entrepreneurship, progress, and innovation
- Oversee organizational development as business progresses from startup phase to series A
- Ensure that processes for information flow are progressive, efficient, and effective, keeping all relevant departments up to speed with necessary information
- Bring together Investors, Board of Directors, and other stakeholders for key decisions and projects involving product delivery and alterations/improvements to the long-term strategic plan
- Streamline processes involving marketing and business development efforts; implement customer success systems and processes
- Analyze benchmarks and data in order to make data-informed recommendations for areas of improvement
- Create and maintain OKRs for the business
- Develop a cost-effective product launch strategy, ensuring growth-oriented operational initiatives for Data Trusts and Product teams
- Develop scalable plans for operational infrastructure that will ultimately facilitate rapid product growth via collaboration with the Head of Data Trusts and CTO
- With security teams, make sure that IT procedures are enforced within the scope of software support and application
- Establish best practices for product strategy, including management of supplier and vendor relationships.
- Manage all legal matters and affairs, ensuring that organization is compliant and on track to progress to Series A
- Manage financial affairs including budgeting, actuals, and fundraising
- Ensure that operational strategy is aligned with the business's short and long term goals
- Facilitate cross-department collaboration that ensures that all financial, product, and Human Resources solutions positively support the company's evolving needs and strategy
- Bachelor's degree, required; advanced degree, a big plus
- 10+ years of experience in business operations, including a minimum of 5 years in a senior leadership role
- Experience within a tech/SaaS organization, required
- Sales, marketing, enterprise, and/or finance experience, a big plus
- Experience working within a small, entrepreneurial organization with a mindfulness for evolving team culture (and experience moving towards Series A)
- Passion for learning the particulars of new technology and systems, in order to be able to promote and explain new and existing products and platforms
- Ability to work remotely (this is primarily a remote position) and self-manage while also leading a team
- Excellent communication skills related to interdepartmental leadership collaboration, client development, and stakeholder engagement
- Desire to put skills to use in the name of making an impact in underprivileged communities and spaces
- Strong support of the organization's mission, required!
Published : May 29, 2020